Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Little Late!

I'm finally posting about my weigh in from LAST WEEK!  Here's the good news......I didn't gain any weight!!!  Here's the bad news.....I didn't lose any weight!  Yep!  I stayed exactly the same....282.8.
I'm still hanging on...not totally on program but not exactly off the wagon either.  It's a strange place I'm in right now.  The stress that I'm feeling is beyond what I've had to deal with in a long time.   To an over eater like me, stress is a bad word.  Stress it what fuels my appetite.  I'm not sure why, but eating makes me feel better.  I feel safe and happy.  I feel in control.  It's a sick circle.

In other news, I did the Heart Walk yesterday!  It was a lot of fun.  Dan and the kids came with me.  Our plan was for all of us to walk the 5K, however, after walking about 2 blocks, the girls were already complaining.  It was HOT.  Probably close to 90 degrees and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!  Most of the course was in the sun.  It was brutal.  Dan and the girls turned around and went back to Metro park and sat in the shade.  Nathan stayed with me.  I wish someone would tell me why they plan a walk, supporting the American Heart Association during the hottest month of the year!  Why don't they plan if for.....say....February? 

I'm told there were at least 15,000 walkers and I believe we raised about $1,000,000!  I want to thank my mother-in-law, and my friends Cindy B and Kathy D for their generous donations and support.
There were about 500 Baptist Hospital Employees that participated.  We took a group picture before the walk started.  I will share that picture as soon as I can!

Well, I have another weigh in tomorrow!  The only thing that might save me from another mediocre week....is the walk yesterday.  Let's hope that those 3 miles and tons of water helped me.

See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. We all struggle with something, sweet lady. I do, too. I took one of my worst (in my mind) to the confessional at conference weekend. I got some incredible insight - through the examination and actual confession. I'm not saying this is what you ought to do - but facing ourselves is a very painful and tricky business. I don't like what I see when I really go in there and dig around . . . but it's cleansing and does eventually help me out. Struggle is good - we must engage full-throttle and not give up! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...thank you. You have no idea how much your words mean to me. I really needed to hear this today! Facing ourselves IS painful...which is why I avoid digging around at all costs. However, this weightloss journey has allowed me to see myself with new eyes. Thank you for your friendship and your support! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete